The Tempe Arts & Culture Division develops and manages the city's arts and culture programs and services. The City is dedicated to enriching the lives of the local and extended community by providing life-long engagement through accessible cultural, social, and educational experiences. The links below lead to Tempe Arts & Culture programs to help you discover and enjoy a variety of creative and cultural experiences. See a show, take a class, tour a building, peruse an exhibit… there’s much to see and do in Tempe!
For information about Tempe’s public art program visit: www.tempe.gov/PublicArt
For information about Art Grants visit: www.tempe.gov/artsgrants
For information about Galleries and Performing Arts visit: www.tempecenterforthearts.com
The Tempe Arts & Culture Awards celebrate excellence in arts and culture by recognizing individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to arts and culture in Tempe.
Who is eligible?
- Artists, educators, organizations and leaders whose work has had a significant impact on arts and/or culture within the city of Tempe.
Who can nominate?
- Anyone can nominate a person/organization for an award. You do not have to be a resident of Tempe to submit a nomination.
Examples of activities an individual or organization may have achieved in arts and culture include (but are not limited to):
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Cultural Events
- Activities showcasing the history, heritage or culture of Tempe
- Work or volunteer leadership that has supported the arts and culture in Tempe.
- Nominee’s work must have a significant positive impact in the area of arts and culture in the city of Tempe.
Required information: Nominee name, contact information. Nominator name, address, phone and email. A short description of how the work of the nominee has had an impact on you and/or on Tempe (limit 500 words).
To submit your final report you must login or create a Submittable account
Within 60 days of completing the project, a Final Report must be submitted to the City of Tempe. The report will require you to share the outcomes of your project as well images and/or video documentation of your programming. Applicants who fail to complete final reports on time will not be eligible for future arts grants funding from the City of Tempe.
Pursuant to the Grant’s terms and conditions, the City of Tempe has the rights to use any materials submitted in the Final Report for data collection and promotional purposes.